Register now for our next beginner
Discover Sailing Course
To register online please email firstname.lastname@example.org or enter your details below.
Children’s Start Sailing programs are designed for children aged 8 -13. The children learn in CPSC owned Optimist sailing boats for their first summer season. The courses are tailored to the children’s learning needs and are a fun way to learn sailing.
2017 School Term Courses:
Courses run for 6 Saturday mornings 9:00-11:30
- Start Sailing 1: 16 September – 28 October (excluding long weekend 30 September), and
- Start Sailing 2: 4 November – 9 December
2018 School Term Courses will be advised at a later date.
School Holiday Course:
One week beginner course held in school holidays from 9:30-15:30
- 15-20 January 2018
All course participants become members of Connells Point Sailing Club. At the conclusion of a course you will be assessed for suitability to participate in racing.
Some club boats are available to use during racing, subject to availability.
Details of Courses:
- Start Sailing 1 – Your Discover Sailing journey starts here as you learn the fundamental skills of sailing and are introduced to the fun of dinghy sailing in a safe and supportive environment.
- Start Sailing 2 – Your Discover Sailing journey continues as you master all of the fundamental dinghy sailing skills. You are now equipped to sail your dinghy on your own voyages of discovery.
- Better Sailing – Discover Sailing in stronger winds as you develop the skills required to get maximum speed from your dinghy. Learn the mastery of further sailing skills to improve your experience.
Visit discoversailing.org.au for further details
What do you need to bring with you?
- You need to bring wet weather gear including footwear and a sun hat.
- A towel and a change of clothes.
- A 50 or 50S buoyancy aid is recommended, however we have some buoyancy aids.
- We supply training boats and training materials.
Discover Sailing Day – October 2018
Each year in late October Connells Point Sailing Club participates in Discover Sailing Day. On this day our members and volunteers give their time to take people for a test sail in either their own boat or one of our Club training boats. You’ll have the option to go out for a short sail with an experienced sailor, have a look around the club facilities, and find out about the programs and courses available. There is something for the whole family and even kids as young as five years old can sail, when accompanied by a parent or guardian. People of all abilities are welcome.
Discover Sailing Day is free to attend and all boats and safety equipment are provided by our club. All you need to bring are clothes and shoes you don’t mind getting wet, sun screen and a hat. Shoes with non-marking soles are preferred and a towel and a change of clothes are advisable. It is recommended that you allow at least 1.5 to 2 hours if you want to get out on the water.